Friday 29 May 2009

A weekend of craft!

Yumi and I are spending the weekend at my Mum's house in the Southern Highlands. We'll be busy being creative, eating yummy food and generally relaxing... I can't wait! I have so many things I want to do down there (bake a cake, take long autumnul walks amongst the crispy leaves, visit Peppergreen Trading in Berrima, and the knitting shop in Bowral). But the one thing I really want to get down is my new quilt project!

I've never made a quilt before and have recently spoken to our friends Sarah who I would describe as a 'professional quilter'. She's inspired me to get stitching. I've also recently joined the a family who have quilting in their blood, so it seems to be a good project to dive into... Here's a sneak peak of the fabrics I'm using...

3 comments:

Pat said...

Awww, Mrs P (not you!) must be so proud...

ii-ne-kore said...

lovely - i hope your weekend as been a quilty autumnal wonderland:)

gini said...

waou! i love ur creatures!
lovely blog too
gini